To deliver efficient and effective provision of basic services in a timely manner , reasonable adequate of supplies and materials and provide adequate facilities through a systematic procurement with legal requirements.
A Culture of excellence in the Provision of Technical Assistance and Support and Provision of adequate facilities enabling the Provincial Chief executive to perform excellence in Local Government.
The General Services Office
The general services office shall: (This is in pursuance to Article XX of RA 7160)
(1) Formulate measures for the consideration of the sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the governor in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities;
(2) Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the governor implement the same, particularly those which have to do with the general services supportive of the welfare of the inhabitants which the governor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide for under RA 7160;
(3) In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the general services office shall:
(i) Take custody of and be accountable for all properties, real or personal, owned by the local government unit and those granted to it in the form of donation, reparation, assistance and counterpart of joint projects;
(ii) With the approval of the governor , as the case may be, assign building or land space to local officials or other public officials, who by law, are entitled to such space;
(iii) Recommend to the governor, the reasonable rental rates for local government properties, whether real or personal, which will be leased to public or private entities by the local government;
(iv) Recommend to the governor reasonable rental rates of private properties which may be leased for the official use of the local government unit;
(v) Maintain and supervise janitorial, security, government public buildings and other real property, whether owned or leased by the local government unit;
(vi) Collate and disseminate information regarding prices, shipping and other costs of supplies and other items commonly used by the local government unit;
(vii) Perform archival and record management with respect to records of offices and departments of the local government unit; and
(viii) Perform all other functions pertaining to supply and property management heretofore performed by the local government treasurer; and enforce policies on records creation, maintenance, and disposal;
(4) Be in the frontline of general services related activities, such as the possible or imminent destruction or damage to records, supplies, properties, and structures and the orderly and sanitary clearing up of waste materials or debris, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural calamities and disasters;
(5) Recommend to the sanggunian and advise the governor on all matters relative to general services;
(c)Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
I – General Administration and Support Services, Administrative Support and Development
Building and Ground Maintenance Work:
1. Maintain the Cleanliness and Sanitation of the Provincial Capitol compound and other Prov’l Gov’t owned facilities;
2. Repair Furnitures and Fixtures owned by the Provincial Government;
3. Renovate/Restore defective facilities owned by the Provincial Government;
4. Maintain utilities providing light, water, heat, power and air conditioning;
II – Supply & Property Management
1. Acceptance and receipt of supplies by accredited suppliers
2. Issuance of supplies and materials to every Department
3. Acceptance and Receipt of waste materials returned by the End-users.
4. Update employees record on property/equipment ledger for retirement purposes
5. Plan Supplies activities for a period of one year.
III – Property Management Work
1. Conduct Inventory and inspect regularly of all Government properties and facilities.
2. Attendance to trainings
IV- Modernization/Computerization of GSO Records, Supply and Property Management
1. Updating and maintaining of records on Property Custodianship
2. Purchase of Computer and programs
3. Purchase of Other Equipments & Furniture
Provided By Provincial General Services Office