Basic Description of the Office
The Provincial Planning and Development Office (PPDO) is the Central Planning Arm of the province which is responsible in the formulation of comprehensive development, framework and infrastructure plans, programs and projects and feasibility studies. The office is closely coordinating with the different line agencies and other entities operating in the province to ensure effective integration of on-going and proposed programs into a unified framework and integrated development plan.
The PPDO is composed of four divisions, namely: Plans and Programs Division, Evaluation and Statistics Division, Special Project Division and Administrative Services Staff.
Mandates and Functions
The Provincial Planning and Development Office is a mandated office and created through Republic Act No. 7160 otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991.
General its mandates are:
- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council;
- Conduct continuing studies, researches, and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation;
- Integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects, and activities in the local government unit concerned in accordance with the approved development plan;
- Prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning documents for the consideration of the local development council;
- Analyze the income and expenditure patterns, and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the local government unit concerned as provided under Title Five, Book II of the code;
- Promote people participation in development planning within the local government unit concerned;
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the local development council;
Specifically, its functions are:
- Review/recommend, monitor and evaluate policies that will facilitate the
day-to-day operations of the PPDO.
- Review/recommend provincial plans and programs for consideration of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan and the local development council and other higher bodies.
- Insure inter-agency coordination and integration of multi-sectoral programs of the province.
- Establish and maintain functional relationships and linkages with concerned line agencies private institutions to generate support for provincial development programs.
- Conduct/Sponsor information campaign through various media to promote provincial development programme and elicit active involvement of target beneficiaries.
- Provide policy directions and operational systems in the implementation of pilot impact programs/projects and their eventual integration to concerned line agency regular programs.
- Coordinate continuing studies and researches necessary toevolve adaptive technologies and projects supportive to provincial development policies and directions.
- Establish and improve appropriate mechanisms that would institutionalize the functional operations of the PPDO.
- Ensure judicious, proper and efficient disposition of the resources of the PPDO.
The Provincial Planning and Development Coordinator
- Guidelines formulation
- Standard setting Management
- Technical Supervision and Coordination
- Manpower Development
- Public Information and Promotions
Research, Evaluation and Statistics Division
- Generate/collect and synthesize primary and secondary data needed in plan formulation, project development and program/project evaluation.
- Monitor performance and evaluate/determine periodically the effects of programandprojectsontheprovincialeconomy.
- Identify document development problems, issues and concerns and recommend priorities and/or alternative solutions.
- Establish and maintain an information center and information system of research and development.
- Coordinate with regional and provincial institutions/agencies, public and private, engaged in information generation and data management to keep abreast of socio-economic developments.
Plans and Programs Division
- Comprehensive Planning/Framework Planning
- Capital Projects Planning Projects Development
- Technology Packaging
- Private investments identification/promotions
Special Projects Division
- Special/Impact Project Development and Pilot implementation
- Applied Research and Technology testing
- Impact Project Coordination and Systems Development
- Administrative Services Division
- Reproduction and Filing of forms and documents
- Personnel Services
- Budget and Accounts
The Provincial Planning and Development Office is more on coordination with the line agencies and other government and private institutions in the performance and in carrying out of tasks being the central planning agency of the Provincial Government, as mandated under the New Local Government Code. In compliance with the mandates, the PPDO has formulated and prepared the integrated development plans, as follows:
- Provincial Development and Physical Development Plan – a 30 year Development
Plan of the province
- Provincial Development Investment Plan – a six year development plan where
funds for this purpose can be solicited from the national government and foreign
- Annual Investment Plan – Annual Slice of the Medium Term Investment Plan
To put together ways on how to further develop attainable local development plans which are remarkably competitive and can be realized based on available resources.
We are dedicated to work and strive for excellence in serving as a channel of change through effective development planning for sustainable growth of the province of Catanduanes.
To deliver planning and development services to promote socio-economic growth of the province.
- About the Service - Information about the province and its development plans are available at the PPDO. This includes:
- Socio-Economic Profiles
- Other relevant data and information
No downloadable files found
Provided By Provincial Planning and Development Office
Provincial Planning & Development Office Organizational Chart
ENGR. ELSIE B. REYES
Provincial Planning & Development Coordinator
ENGR. NIEVA G. SANTELICES
Asst. Provincial Planning & Development Coordinator
Administrative Service Staff
Mr. SONNY R. TABLATE
Admin. Aide VI
MR. EDWIN C. SILVA
Planning Offices II
MR. LENY C. SARMIENTO
Planning Offices I
Research, Evaluation & Statistics
MS. MARILYN T. ALBERTO
Project Evaluation Officer III
Project Evaluation Officer II
MR. CRISPIN S. LOPEZ
MS. SALVE B. OLONAN
MS. ELMA T. OLONAN
ENGR. ELOISA E. TABIRARA
Project Dev’t. Officer III
MS. ANITA D. VARGAS
Project Dev’t. Officer I
MS. MERLYN V. AVILA
Project Dev’t. Assistant